The Church of the Ascension is located at 1601 Pacific Avenue (at the corner of Kentucky Avenue) in Atlantic City, Atlantic County, New Jersey.
This congregation organized in 1879 and incorporated as a parish in 1881. Initial construction of this church building was begun in 1893 and completed in 1900. Rev. J. Hardenbrook Townsend was rector of the church during its erection.
This unusual church's construction system includes materials such as stucco, terra cotta and brick. It was built in the Romanesque Style. This church was listed on the historic register on 24 July 1986.
This photograph is from the HABS Survey, located at American Memory, The Library of Congress.